5 CFR 2417.203 - Filing requirements for litigants seeking documents or testimony.
(b) The written request must contain the following information:
(1) The caption of the legal proceeding, docket number, and name and address of the court or other authority involved;
(2) A copy of the complaint or equivalent document setting forth the assertions in the case and any other pleading or document necessary to show relevance;
(3) A list of categories of records sought, a detailed description of how the information sought is relevant to the issues in the legal proceeding, and a specific description of the substance of the testimony or records sought;
(4) A statement as to how the need for the information outweighs any need to maintain the confidentiality of the information and outweighs the burden on the FLRA to produce the records or provide testimony;
(5) A statement indicating that the information sought is not available from another source, from other persons or entities or from the testimony of someone other than an employee, such as a retained expert;
(8) The name, address, and telephone number of counsel to each party in the case; and
(9) An estimate of the amount of time that the requester and other parties will require for each employee for time spent by the employee to prepare for testimony, in travel, and for attendance in the legal proceeding.
(d) The request should be submitted at least 30 days before the date that records or testimony is required. Requests submitted in less than 30 days before records or testimony is required must be accompanied by a written explanation stating the reasons for the late request and the reasons for expedited processing.
(e) Failure to cooperate in good faith to enable the FLRA to make an informed decision may serve as the basis for a determination not to comply with the request.
(f) The request should state that the requester will provide a copy of the employee's statement free of charge and that the requester will permit the FLRA to have a representative present during the employee's testimony.