(a) A request for amendment of a record will be acknowledged within 10 work days of its receipt by the Office. If a decision cannot be made within this time, the requestor will be informed by mail of the reasons for the delay and the date when a reply can be expected, normally within 30 work days from receipt of the request.
(b) The final response will include the Office's determination of whether to grant or deny the request. If the request is denied, the response will include:
(1) The reasons for the decision;
(2) The name and address of the official to whom an appeal should be directed;
(3) The name and address of the official designated to assist the individual in preparing the appeal;
(4) A description of the appeal process within the Office; and
(5) A description of any other procedures which may be required of the individual in order to process the appeal.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 5.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.