(a) The Privacy Act Officer shall acknowledge requests for access within 10 work days of its receipt by the Office. At a minimum, the acknowledgement shall include:
(1) When and where the records will be available;
(2) The name, title and telephone number of the official who will make the records available;
(3) Whether access will be granted only through providing a copy of the record through the mail, or only by examination of the record in person if the Privacy Act Officer after consulting with the appropriate system manager, has determined the requestor's access would not be unduly impeded;
(4) Fee, if any, charged for copies. (See§ 2504.17); and
(5) Identification documentation required to verify the identify of the requestor (see§ 2504.9).
[45 FR 41121, June 18, 1980, as amended at 49 FR 28235, July 11, 1984]
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 5.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.