5 CFR 2634.303 - Purchases, sales, and exchanges.
(a) In general. Except as indicated in § 2634.308(b) of this subpart, each financial disclosure report filed pursuant to this subpart shall include a brief description, the date and value (using the categories of value in § 2634.301(d) of this subpart) of any purchase, sale, or exchange by the filer during the reporting period, in which the amount involved in the transaction exceeds $1,000:
(1) Of real property, other than a personal residence of the filer or spouse, as defined in § 2634.105(l) of this part; and
(2) Of stocks, bonds, commodity futures, mutual fund shares, and other forms of securities.
(1) Any transaction solely by and between the reporting individual, his spouse, and dependent children need not be reported under paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) Transactions involving Treasury bills, notes, and bonds; money market mutual funds or accounts; and personal savings accounts (as defined in § 2634.301(c)(2) of this subpart) need not be reported when occurring at rates, terms, and conditions available generally to members of the public. Likewise, transactions involving portfolio holdings of trusts and investment funds described in § 2634.310 (b) and (c) of this subpart need not be reported.
(3) Any transaction which occurred at a time when the reporting individual was not a Federal Government officer or employee need not be reported under paragraph (a) of this section.