5 CFR 330.708 - ICTAP eligibility period.
(a) ICTAP eligibility begins on the date the employee or former employee meets the definition of displaced in § 330.702.
(b) ICTAP eligibility ends 1 year from the date of:
(1) Separation by RIF under part 351 of this chapter;
(2) Removal by the agency under part 752 of this chapter for declining a directed geographic relocation outside the local commuting area (e.g., a directed reassignment or a change in duty station);
(3) Agency certification that it cannot place the employee under part 353 of this chapter; or
(4) OPM notification that an employee's disability annuity has been, or will be, terminated.
(c) ICTAP eligibility ends 2 years after RIF separation if eligible under subpart D of this part.
(d) ICTAP eligibility also ends on the date the eligible:
(1) Receives a notice rescinding, canceling, or modifying the notice which established ICTAP eligibility so that the employee no longer meets the definition of displaced in § 330.702;
(2) Separates from the agency for any reason before the RIF or removal effective date; or
(3) Is appointed to a career, career-conditional, or excepted appointment without time limit in any agency at any grade or pay level.
(e) OPM may extend the eligibility period when an ICTAP eligible does not receive a full 1 year (or 2 years under subpart D of this part) of eligibility, for example, because of administrative or procedural error.
(f) ICTAP eligibility for a former Military Reserve Technician or National Guard Technician described in § 330.702 ends when the Technician no longer receives the special disability retirement annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.