5 CFR 352.204 - Basic eligibility for reemployment rights.
(a) Employees eligible. The following employees in the executive branch of the Government are eligible to be granted reemployment rights when they are hired by another executive agency without break in service of a full workday by transfer or reinstatement, or by excepted appointment, in a position which the agency is currently authorized to fill with reemployment rights:
(2) An employee serving under a career appointment in the Senior Executive Service (SES); or
(3) A nontemporary excepted employee.
(1) An employee who is serving a probationary or trial period under an appointment to a position in the excepted or competitive service or the SES.
(2) An employee serving in an obligated position;
(5) An employee who has already submitted a resignation.