5 CFR 352.806 - Return to Federal employment.
(a) Conditions: Reemployment rights may be exercised only under the following conditions. The employees must apply in writing to their former or successor agency:
(1) No less that 30 calendar days before completion of the specified period of service with the Institute; or
(2) No more than 30 calendar days after involuntary separation from the Institute; or
(3) No more than 30 calendar days after separation based on personal hardship or other special circumstances with the consent of Institute and former employing agency.
(b) An agency must act on the former employee's request for reemployment within 30 calendar days of receipt thereof, i.e., the agency must provide the employee with a written notice stating the agency's decision whether to reemploy and the position being offered, if the employee is to be reemployed.
(c) Termination of reemployment rights. A former employee's entitlement to reemployment terminates for:
(1) Failure to apply, except for good cause shown, for reemployment within the time limits stated in paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) Resignation from the Institute without the consent of the Institute or the former employing agency; or
(3) Failure to accept, within 15 workdays of receipt thereof, an offer of reemployment under § 352.803 which is determined to be a proper offer of reemployment by the employing agency and by Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), if appealed.