5 CFR 430.102 - Performance management.
(a) Performance management is the systematic process by which an agency involves its employees, as individuals and members of a group, in improving organizational effectiveness in the accomplishment of agency mission and goals.
(b) Performance management integrates the processes an agency uses to -
(1) Communicate and clarify organizational goals to employees;
(2) Identify individual and, where applicable, team accountability for accomplishing organizational goals;
(3) Identify and address developmental needs for individuals and, where applicable, teams;
(4) Assess and improve individual, team, and organizational performance;
(5) Use appropriate measures of performance as the basis for recognizing and rewarding accomplishments; and
(6) Use the results of performance appraisal as a basis for appropriate personnel actions.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 430.