5 CFR 430.310 - Performance Review Boards (PRBs).
Each agency must establish one or more PRBs to make recommendations to the appointing authority on the performance of its senior executives.
(1) Each PRB must have three or more members who are appointed by the agency head, or by another official or group acting on behalf of the agency head. Agency heads are encouraged to include women, minorities, and people with disabilities on PRBs.
(2) PRB members must be appointed in a way that assures consistency, stability, and objectivity in SES performance appraisal.
(3) When appraising a career appointee's performance or recommending a career appointee for a performance award, more than one-half of the PRB's members must be SES career appointees.
(4) The agency must publish notice of PRB appointments in theFederal Register before service begins.
(1) Each PRB must review and evaluate the initial summary rating, the senior executive's response, and the higher level official's comments on the initial summary rating, and conduct any further review needed to make its recommendations.
(2) The PRB must make a written recommendation to the appointing authority about each senior executive's annual summary rating.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 430.