5 CFR 536.102 - Coverage.
(a) Subject to the exclusions in paragraphs (b) through (e) of this section, this part covers any employee who, at the time this part is applied—
(2) Is moving to a position under a covered pay system from a position not under a covered pay system, as long as the individual was an employee as defined in 5 CFR 536.103 while serving in the position in a noncovered pay system.
(2) Was employed on a temporary or term basis immediately before the action causing the reduction in grade or pay;
(3) Does not satisfactorily complete the probationary period prescribed by 5 U.S.C. 3321(a)(2), and, as a result, is removed from a supervisory or managerial position;
(4) Is entitled to receive a saved rate of basic pay under 5 U.S.C. 3594(c) and 5 CFR 359.705 because of removal from the Senior Executive Service and placement in a civil service position (other than a Senior Executive Service position) under 5 U.S.C. 3594(b)(2);
(5) Moves from an Executive Schedule position paid under 5 U.S.C. chapter 53, subchapter II, or a position whose rate of pay is fixed by law at a rate equal to a rate for the Executive Schedule;
(6) Moves between positions not under a covered pay system or from a position under a covered pay system to a position not under a covered pay system;
(7) Moves to a nonappropriated fund position as described in 5 U.S.C. 2105(c) (except a position occupied by a prevailing rate employee);
(8) Moves from a nonappropriated fund position as described in 5 U.S.C. 2105(c) (except a position occupied by a prevailing rate employee) to a position in a covered pay system, unless covered by § 536.302(a); or
(9) Is reduced in pay upon termination of a critical position pay authority under 5 CFR part 535.
(c) An agency may not provide grade or pay retention under this part based on the grade or rate of basic pay held by the employee during a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment. However, a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment does not affect an employee's preexisting entitlement to grade or pay retention.
(d) An agency may not provide grade retention under subpart B of this part to an employee who moves from a position not under a covered pay system to a position under a covered pay system.
(e) An employee loses eligibility for or entitlement to grade or pay retention under the conditions specified in §§ 536.207, 536.208, and 536.308.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 536.