5 CFR 550.1108 - Requesting recovery through centralized administrative offset.
Under 31 U.S.C. 3716, creditor agencies must notify the Secretary of the Treasury of all debts that are delinquent as defined in the FCCS (over 180 days) so that recovery may be made by centralized administrative offset. This includes those debts the agency seeks to recover from the pay account of an employee of another agency via salary offset. The Secretary of the Treasury and other Federal disbursing officials will match payments, including Federal salary payments, against these debts. Where a match occurs, and all the requirements for offset have been met, the payments will be offset to collect the debt. Prior to offset of the pay account of an employee, an agency must comply with the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 5514, this subpart, and agency regulations issued thereunder. Specific procedures for notifying the Secretary of the Treasury of a debt for purposes of collection by centralized administrative offset are contained in 31 CFR part 285 and the FCCS. At its discretion, a creditor agency may notify the Secretary of the Treasury of debts that have been delinquent for 180 days or less, including debts the agency seeks to recover from the pay account of an employee via salary offset.
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 550 after this date.
- 12 CFR 313.44 — Procedure for Hearing.
- 12 CFR 1208.3 — Referrals to the Department of the Treasury, Collection Services, and Use of Credit Bureaus.
- 15 CFR 19.12 — How Will Commerce Entities Offset a Federal Employee's Salary to Collect a Commerce Debt?
- 16 CFR 1027.7 — Coordinating Offset With Another Federal Agency.
- 17 CFR 204.43 — Coordinating Offset With Another Federal Agency.
- 17 CFR 141.7 — Coordinating Offset With Another Federal Agency.
- 20 CFR 361.17 — Coordination With Other Government Agencies.
- 20 CFR 422.810 — Salary Offset for Current Employees.
- 22 CFR 1007.7 — Coordinating Offset With Another Federal Agency.
- 25 CFR 513.3 — What Happens to Delinquent Debts Owed to the Commission?
- 29 CFR 4903.13 — How Will PBGC Offset a Federal Employee's Salary to Collect a Debt Owed to PBGC?
- 34 CFR 32.10 — Deductions Process.
- 34 CFR 31.11 — Offset Process.
- 45 CFR 1150.15 — Will the Endowment Use a Cross-Servicing Agreement With the Treasury to Collect Its Claims?
- 45 CFR 607.7 — Coordinating Offset With Another Federal Agency.
- 45 CFR 33.7 — Obtaining the Services of a Hearing Official.
- 49 CFR 92.21 — Deduction From Pay.