5 CFR § 551.102 - Authority and administration.
Section 3(e)(2) of the Act authorizes the application of the provisions of the Act to any person employed by the Government of the United States, as specified in that section.
(a) Office of Personnel Management. Section 4(f) of the Act authorizes the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to administer the provisions of the Act. OPM is the administrator of the provisions of the Act with respect to any person employed by an agency, except as specified in paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of this section.
(b) The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission administers the equal pay provisions contained in section 6(d) of the Act.
(c) The Department of Labor administers the Act for the government of the District of Columbia and the following United States Government entities:
(1) The Library of Congress;
(2) The United States Postal Service;
(3) The Postal Rate Commission; and
(4) The Tennessee Valley Authority.
(d) Office of Compliance. The Congressional Accountability Act of 1995, as amended, sections 1301 et seq. of title 2, United States Code, extends rights and protections of the FLSA to employees of the following United States Government entities, and assigns certain administrative responsibilities to the Office of Compliance:
(1) The United States House of Representatives;
(2) The United States Senate;
(3) The Capitol Guide Service;
(4) The Capitol Police;
(5) The Congressional Budget Office;
(6) The Office of the Architect of the Capitol;
(7) The Office of the Attending Physician; and
(8) The Office of Compliance.