5 CFR 752.401 - Coverage.
prev | next
(1) An action imposed by the Merit Systems Protection Board under the authority of5 U.S.C. 1215;
(2) The reduction in grade of a supervisor or manager who has not completed the probationary period under5 U.S.C. 3321(a)(2) if such a reduction is to the grade held immediately before becoming a supervisor or manager;
(3) A reduction-in-force action under5 U.S.C. 3502;
(4) A reduction in grade or removal under5 U.S.C. 4303;
(5) An action against an administrative law judge under5 U.S.C. 7521;
(6) A suspension or removal under5 U.S.C. 7532;
(7) Actions taken under any other provision of law which excepts the action from subchapter II of chapter 75 of title 5, United States Code;
(8) Action that entitles an employee to grade retention underpart 536 of this chapter, and an action to terminate this entitlement;
(10) Action taken or directed by the Office of Personnel Management underpart 731 of this chapter;
(11) Termination of appointment on the expiration date specified as a basic condition of employment at the time the appointment was made;
(12) Action that terminates a temporary or term promotion and returns the employee to the position from which temporarily promoted, or to a different position of equivalent grade and pay, if the agency informed the employee that it was to be of limited duration;
(14) Placement of an employee serving on an intermittent or seasonal basis in a temporary nonduty, nonpay status in accordance with conditions established at the time of appointment; or
(15) Reduction of an employee's rate of basic pay from a rate that is contrary to law or regulation, including a reduction necessary to comply with the amendments made byPublic Law 108-411, regarding pay-setting under the General Schedule and Federal Wage System and regulations implementing those amendments.
(1) A career or career conditional employee in the competitive service who is not serving a probationary or trial period;
(2) An employee in the competitive service who has completed 1 year of current continuous service under other than a temporary appointment limited to 1 year or less;
(3) An employee in the excepted service who is a preference eligible in an Executive agency as defined atsection 105 of title 5, United States Code, the U.S. Postal Service, or the Postal Regulatory Commission and who has completed 1 year of current continuous service in the same or similar positions;
(4) A Postal Service employee covered byPublic Law 100-90 who has completed 1 year of current continuous service in the same or similar positions and who is either a supervisory or management employee or an employee engaged in personnel work in other than a purely nonconfidential clerical capacity;
(5) An employee in the excepted service who is a nonpreference eligible in an Executive agency as defined atsection 105 of title, 5, United States Code, and who has completed 2 years of current continuous service in the same or similar positions under other than a temporary appointment limited to 2 years or less;
(6) An employee with competitive status who occupies a position in Schedule B ofpart 213 of this chapter;
(7) An employee who was in the competitive service at the time his or her position was first listed under Schedule A, B, or C of the excepted service and who still occupies that position;
(8) An employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs appointed undersection 7401(3) of title 38, United States Code; and
(2) An employee whose position has been determined to be of a confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating character by the President for a position that the President has excepted from the competitive service; the Office of Personnel Management for a position that the Office has excepted from the competitive service (Schedule C); or the President or the head of an agency for a position excepted from the competitive service by statute;
(5) A technician in the National Guard described insection 8337(h)(1) of title 5, United States Code, who is employed under section 709(a) of title 32, United States Code;
(8) An employee of the Veterans Health Administration (Department of Veterans Affairs) in a position which has been excluded from the competitive service by or under a provision of title 38, United States Code, unless the employee was appointed to the position undersection 7401(3) of title 38, United States Code;
(9) A nonpreference eligible employee with the U.S. Postal Service, the Postal Regulatory Commission, the Panama Canal Commission, the Tennessee Valley Authority, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, or any other intelligence component of the Department of Defense (as defined insection 1614 of title 10, United States Code), or an intelligence activity of a military department covered under subchapter I of chapter 83 of title 10, United States Code;
(10) An employee described insection 5102(c)(11) of title 5, United States Code, who is an alien or noncitizen occupying a position outside the United States;
(11) A nonpreference eligible employee serving a probationary or trial period under an initial appointment in the excepted service pending conversion to the competitive service, unless he or she meets the requirements of paragraph (c)(5) of this section;
(12) An employee whose agency or position has been excluded from the appointing provisions of title 5, United States Code, by separate statutory authority in the absence of any provision to place the employee within the coverage of chapter 75 of title 5, United States Code; and
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 752.