5 CFR 837.402 - Special notice.
(a) To annuitant. In addition to the advice described in paragraph 837.103(b) of this part, the agency should generally also advise a disability annuitant, in writing, prior to reemployment, that—
(1) Reemployment on a permanent basis in a position equivalent in grade and pay to the position from which the annuitant retired may constitute the basis for an OPM finding of recovery from disability;
(2) Reemployment subject to medical and physical qualification standards equivalent to those of the position from which the annuitant retired may constitute the basis for an OPM finding of recovery from disability;
(3) The pay of the position in which the annuitant is reemployed, prior to the offset of annuity, or the pay of an interim appointment under§ 772.102 of this chapter, as may be applicable, will be included as earnings in determining whether the disability annuity will be terminated due to restoration to earning capacity;
(4) Receipt of, or continued entitlement to receive, full or partial FEC benefits during reemployment, when those benefits are based on the same injury or medical condition that is the basis for OPM's award of disability retirement, is conclusive evidence (unless there is contravening medical evidence) that the annuitant has not recovered from the disability; and
(5) A disability annuitant age 60 or over cannot be found by OPM to be restored to earning capacity, and can only be found recovered at the annuitant's request.
(b) To OPM. On reemployment of a disability annuitant, the employing agency shall, in addition to the notice required by § 837.103(a) of this part, notify OPM in writing of—
(1) The physical and medical requirements of the position (providing a copy of the employee's position description);
(4) Whether, to the best of the agency's knowledge, the reemployed annuitant is receiving, or entitled to receive, FEC benefits; and
Title 5 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 837.