5 CFR 838.1005 - Applications by former spouse.
(a) A former spouse (personally or through a representative) must apply in writing to be eligible for benefits under this subpart. No special form is required.
(b) The application letter must be accompanied by -
(2) A statement that the court order has not been amended, superseded, or set aside; and
(4) The mailing address of the former spouse.
(1) That a remarriage has not occurred; and
(3) That the former spouse will be personally liable for any overpayment to him or her resulting from a remarriage. The Associate Director may subsequently require recertification of these statements.
- 5 CFR 890.808 — Employing Office Responsibilities.
- 5 CFR 838.1007 — Preliminary Review.
- 5 CFR 846.702 — Definitions.
- 5 CFR 838.1006 — Amounts Payable.
- 5 CFR 846.202 — Condition for Making an Election.
- 5 CFR 838.1011 — Effective Dates.
- 5 CFR 838.1010 — Court Orders or Decrees Preventing Payment of Lump Sums.
- 5 CFR 831.651 — Commencing and Terminating Dates of Survivor Annuities.