5 CFR 839.1206 - How do I submit a claim under this subpart?

prev | next
§ 839.1206 How do I submit a claim under this subpart?

(a) No specific form is required. Your request must be in writing and contain the following information:

(1) It must describe the basis for the claim and state the dollar amount you seek to receive;

(2) It must include your name, address, and telephone number;

(3) It must include the name, address, and telephone number of your current or last employer;

(4) It must be signed by you; and

(5) It must include any information you believe OPM should consider, such as cancelled checks or other evidence of amounts you paid.

(b) Send your claim to: Office of Personnel Management, Retirement and Insurance Service, ATTN: FC Section, Washington, DC 20415-3200

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

Statutes at Large

Title 5 published on 09-May-2017 03:44

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 839 after this date.

  • 2016-12-22; vol. 81 # 246 - Thursday, December 22, 2016
    1. 81 FR 93851 - Federal Employees' Retirement System; Government Costs
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      Proposed rule.
      We must receive your comments by February 21, 2017.
      5 CFR Parts 831, 839, 841, 842, and 847