5 CFR 847.602 - Present value factors.
(2) One table of present value factors for FERS annuities that do not receive cost-of-living adjustments before the retiree attains age 62; and
(3) One table of present value factors for FERS annuities that receives cost-of-living adjustments before the retiree attains age 62.
(1) Each present value factor will equal the amount of money (earning interest at an assumed rate) required at the date of computation to fund an annuity that starts out at the rate of $1 a month and is payable in monthly installments for the annuitant's lifetime based on mortality rates for annuitants paid from the Fund; and increases each year, assuming a certain rate of inflation.
(2) Interest, mortality, and inflation rates used in computing the present value are those used by the Board of Actuaries of the Civil Service Retirement System for valuation of CSRS and FERS, based on dynamic assumptions.
(3) The present value factors are unisex factors obtained by averaging distinct present value factors, which take into account mortality for retirees and survivors under CSRS and FERS.
(1) When OPM publishes in theFederal Register notice of normal cost percentages under § 841.407 of this chapter, it will also publish the CSRS and FERS tables of present value factors for use for this part.
(2) The present value factors will be based on the assumptions used to compute the normal cost percentages.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.