5 CFR Appendix C to Part 2634, Privacy Act and Paperwork Reduction Act Notices for Appendixes A and B
Section 102(f) of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 as amended (the “Ethics Act”) (5 U.S.C. App.) and subpart D of 5 CFR part 2634 of the regulations of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) require the reporting of this information for the administration of qualified trusts under the Ethics Act. The primary use of the information on this certificate is for review by Government officials of OGE and the agency of the Government employee for whom the trust is established to determine compliance with applicable Federal laws and regulations as regards qualified trusts. Additional disclosures of the information on this certificate may be made:
(1) to any requesting person in accordance with the access provisions of section 105 of the Ethics Act;
(2) to a Federal, State or local law enforcement agency if the disclosing agency becomes aware of a violation or potential violation of law or regulation;
(3) to a court or party in a court or Federal administrative proceeding if the Government is a party or in order to comply with a judge-issued subpoena;
(4) to a source when necessary to obtain information relevant to a conflict of interest issue;
(5) to the National Archives and Records Administration or the General Services Administration in records management inspections;
(6) to the Office of Management and Budget during legislative coordination on private relief legislation; and
(7) in response to a discovery request or for the appearance of a witness in a pending judicial or administrative proceeding, if the information is relevant to the subject matter.
This collection of information is estimated to take an average of twenty minutes per response. You can send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing this burden, to: Deputy Director for Administration and Information Management, U.S. Office of Government Ethics, Suite 500, 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20005-3917. Do not send your completed certificate to that official; rather, send it to the Director of the Office of Government Ethics at that address as provided in the part 2634 regulation.
Pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act, as amended, an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and no person is required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number (that number, 3209-0007, is displayed here and in the headings of the OGE model qualified trust certificates of independence and compliance, appendixes A and B to this part 2634).
Title 5 published on 09-May-2017 03:44
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 2634 after this date.