50 CFR § 221.71 - How do I propose an alternative?

§ 221.71 How do I propose an alternative?

(a) General. To propose an alternative condition or prescription, you must:

(1) Be a license party; and

(2) File a written proposal with the Office of Habitat Conservation, at the address set forth in § 221.2:

(i) For a case under § 221.1(d)(1), within 30 days after NOAA files a preliminary condition or prescription with FERC; or

(ii) For a case under § 221.1(d)(2), within 60 days after NOAA files a proposed condition or prescription with FERC.

(b) Content. Your proposal must include:

(1) A description of the alternative, in an equivalent level of detail to NOAA's preliminary condition or prescription;

(2) An explanation of how the alternative:

(i) If a condition, will provide for the adequate protection and utilization of the reservation; or

(ii) If a prescription, will be no less protective than the fishway prescribed by NMFS;

(3) An explanation of how the alternative, as compared to the preliminary condition or prescription, will:

(i) Cost significantly less to implement; or

(ii) Result in improved operation of the project works for electricity production;

(4) An explanation of how the alternative will affect:

(i) Energy supply, distribution, cost, and use;

(ii) Flood control;

(iii) Navigation;

(iv) Water supply;

(v) Air quality; and

(vi) Other aspects of environmental quality; and

(5) Specific citations to any scientific studies, literature, and other documented information relied on to support your proposal, including any assumptions you are making (e.g., regarding the cost of energy or the rate of inflation). If any such document is not already in the license proceeding record, you must provide a copy with the proposal.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.