50 CFR § 223.205 - Sea turtles.
(5) Fail to follow any of the sea turtle handling and resuscitation requirements specified in § 223.206(d)(1);
(6) Possess a sea turtle in any manner contrary to the handling and resuscitation requirements of § 223.206(d)(1);
(7) Fail to comply immediately, in the manner specified at § 600.730 (b) through (d) of this Title, with instructions and signals specified therein issued by an authorized officer, including instructions and signals to haul back a net for inspection;
(8) Refuse to allow an authorized officer to board a vessel, or to enter an area where fish or wildlife may be found, for the purpose of conducting a boarding, search, inspection, seizure, investigation, or arrest in connection with enforcement of this section;
(9) Destroy, stave, damage, or dispose of in any manner, fish or wildlife, gear, cargo, or any other matter after a communication or signal from an authorized officer, or upon the approach of such an officer or of an enforcement vessel or aircraft, before the officer has an opportunity to inspect same, or in contravention of directions from the officer;
(10) Assault, resist, oppose, impede, intimidate, threaten, obstruct, delay, prevent, or interfere with an authorized officer in the conduct of any boarding, search, inspection, seizure, investigation, or arrest in connection with enforcement of this section;
(12) Resist a lawful arrest for an act prohibited by this section;
(13) Make a false statement, oral or written, to an authorized officer or to the agency concerning the fishing for, catching, taking, harvesting, landing, purchasing, selling, or transferring fish or wildlife, or concerning any other matter subject to investigation under this section by such officer, or required to be submitted under this part 223;
(14) Sell, barter, trade or offer to sell, barter, or trade, a TED that is not an approved TED;
(16) Set, use, or fail to remove a pound net leader in Pound Net Regulated Area I or Pound Net Regulated Area II at any time from May 6 through July 15 that does not meet the leader construction specifications described in 50 CFR 223.206(d)(10) and 50 CFR 222.102;
(17) Set, fish with, or fail to remove a modified pound net leader in Pound Net Regulated Area I or Pound Net Regulated Area II defined in 50 CFR 222.102 and referenced in 50 CFR 223.206(d)(10) at any time from May 6 through July 15 unless the pound net licensee and the vessel operator meet the modified pound net leader compliance training requirements in accordance with § 223.206(d)(10)(vii).
(18) Alter or replace any portion of a modified pound net leader so that the altered or replaced portion no longer meets the modified pound net leader definition in 50 CFR 222.102, unless that alteration or replacement occurs outside the regulated period of May 6 through July 15.
(19) Set, fish with, or fail to remove a modified pound net leader at any time from May 6 through July 15 in Pound Net Regulated Area I or Pound Net Regulated Area II unless the fisherman has on board the vessel a valid modified pound net leader compliance training certificate issued by NMFS.
(20) Set, fish with, or fail to remove pound net gear in Pound Net Regulated Area I or Pound Net Regulated Area II, unless it has the all three continuous sections as defined in 50 CFR 222.102, except that one or more sections may be missing for a maximum period of 10 days for purposes of setting, removing, and/or repairing pound nets.
(21) Fail to comply with the restrictions set forth in § 223.206(d)(11) regarding sea scallop dredges; or
(22) Attempt to do, solicit another to do, or cause to be done, any of the foregoing.
(c) In connection with any action alleging a violation of this section, any person claiming the benefit of any exemption, exception, or permit under this subpart B has the burden of proving that the exemption, exception, or permit is applicable, was granted, and was valid and in force at the time of the alleged violation. Further, any person claiming that a modification made to a TED that is the subject of such an action complies with the requirements of § 223.207 (c) or (d) has the burden of proving such claim.