50 CFR 270.11 - Responsibilities of NMFS.
(1) Participate in Council meetings and review, for consistency with the provisions of 50 CFR part 270 and other applicable law, and approve or disapprove, marketing and promotion plans and budgets within 60 days after their submission by a Council;
(3) Issue orders and amendments to such orders that are necessary to implement quality standards under § 270.15;
(4) Promulgate regulations necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(5) Enforce the provisions of the Act;
(7) Approve the criteria and time frames under which a Council's performance will be evaluated; and
(b) NMFS may provide, on a reimbursable or other basis, such administrative or technical assistance as a Council may request for purposes of the initial organization and subsequent operation of the Council. However, a Council is responsible for the cost of preparing and submitting information (e.g., reports, evaluation data, etc.) requested by NMFS.