50 CFR 300.104 - Scientific research.
(a) The management measures issued pursuant to the procedures at § 300.111 do not apply to catches of less than 5 tons taken by any vessel for research purposes, unless otherwise indicated.
(b) Catches taken by any vessel for research purposes will be considered as part of any catch limit.
(c) The catch reporting procedure identified in management measures issued pursuant to the procedures at § 300.111 applies whenever the catch within any 5-day reporting period exceeds 5 tons, unless more specific reporting requirements apply to the species being fished.
(d) Any person, organization or institution planning to use a vessel for research purposes, when the estimated catch is expected to be less than 50 tons, must provide the following vessel and research notification to the Assistant Administrator at least 2 months in advance of the planned research:
(1) Name and registration number of vessel.
(2) Division and subarea in which research is to be carried out.
(3) Estimated dates of entering and leaving CCAMLR Convention Area.
(4) Purposes of research.
(5) Fishing equipment to be used (bottom trawl, midwater trawl, longline, crab pots, other).
(e) The following measures apply to any person planning to use any vessel for research purposes, when the estimated catch is expected to be more than 50 tons:
(1) The person must use the CCAMLR Format for Reporting Plans for Finfish Surveys in the Convention Area when the Total Catch is Expected to be More Than 50 Tons to report the details of the research plan to the Assistant Administrator at least 7 months in advance of the planned starting date for the research. A copy of the format is available from the Assistant Administrator.
(2) The format requires:
(i) The name of the CCAMLR Member.
(ii) Survey details.
(iii) Description of the vessel.
(iv) Description of the fishing gear to be used.
(v) Description of acoustic gear to be used.
(vi) Survey design and methods of data analyses.
(vii) Data to be collected.
(3) A summary of the results of any research fishing subject to these provisions must be provided to the Assistant Administrator within 150 days of the completion of the research fishing and a full report must be provided within 11 months.
Title 50 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 300 after this date.