50 CFR 300.300 - Purpose and scope.
(a) This subpart implements internationally-adopted measures pertaining to foreign vessels determined to have engaged in illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing and placed on IUU vessel lists of the:
(1) International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT),
(2) Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR),
(3) Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization (NAFO),
(4) Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC),
(5) Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission (IATTC), and
(6) Parties to the Agreement on the International Dolphin Conservation Program (AIDCP).
(b) For purposes of this subpart, the above organizations are referred to as regional fishery management organizations (RFMOs). Each of these RFMOs adopts or approves an IUU vessel list in accordance with their respective rules and procedures. The lists are publicly available at each RFMO's Web site. The regulations in this subpart apply to all persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, wherever they are.