50 CFR 520.2 - Scope.
(a) These regulations shall apply to all final opinions, including concurring and dissenting opinions, as well as orders, made by the Commission in the adjudication of cases; to all statements of policy and interpretations which have been adopted by the Commission and are not published in the Federal Register; to the Commission's administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public; and to any other Commission records reasonably described and requested by a person in accordance with these regulations - except to the extent that such material is exempt in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Requests for inspection and copies shall not be granted with respect to materials that are:
(i) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy, and
(ii) Are in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive order;
(2) Related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of the Commission;
(3) Specifically exempted from disclosure by statute;
(4) Trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential;
(5) Inter-agency or intra-agency memorandums or letters which would not be available by law to a party other than an agency in litigation with the Commission;
(6) Personnel and medical files and similar files, the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
(7) Investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such records would:
(i) Interfere with enforcement proceedings,
(ii) Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication,
(iii) Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy,
(iv) Disclose the identity of a confidential source and, in the case of a record compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation, or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, confidential information furnished only by the confidential source,
(v) Disclose investigative techniques and procedures, or
(vi) Endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel;
(8) Contained in or related to examination, operating, or condition reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of an agency responsible for the regulation or supervision of financial institutions; or
(9) Geological and geophysical information and data, including maps, concerning wells.