50 CFR 600.505 - Prohibitions.
(a) It is unlawful for any person to do any of the following:
(1) Ship, transport, offer for sale, sell, purchase, import, export, or have custody, control, or possession of any fish taken or retained in violation of the Magnuson-Stevens Act, the applicable GIFA, this subpart, or any permit issued under this subpart;
(2) Refuse to allow an authorized officer to board an FFV for purposes of conducting any search or inspection in connection with the enforcement of the Magnuson-Stevens Act, the applicable GIFA, this subpart, or any other permit issued under this subpart;
(5) Interfere with, delay, or prevent by any means the apprehension or arrest of another person with the knowledge that such other person has committed any act prohibited by the Magnuson-Stevens Act, the applicable GIFA, this subpart, or any permit issued under this subpart;
(6) Interfere with, obstruct, delay, oppose, impede, intimidate, or prevent by any means any boarding, investigation or search, wherever conducted, in the process of enforcing the Magnuson-Stevens Act, the applicable GIFA, this subpart, or any permit issued under this subpart;
(11) Violate any provision of the applicable GIFA;
(14) Assault, resist, oppose, impede, intimidate, or interfere with an observer placed aboard an FFV under this subpart;
(15) Interfere with or bias the sampling procedure employed by an observer, including sorting or discarding any catch prior to sampling, unless the observer has stated that sampling will not occur; or tamper with, destroy, or discard an observer's collected samples, equipment, records, photographic film, papers, or effects without the express consent of the observer;
(16) Prohibit or bar by command, impediment, threat, coercion, or refusal of reasonable assistance, an observer from collecting samples, conducting product recovery rate determinations, making observations, or otherwise performing the observer's duties;
(18) Fail to provide the required assistance to an observer as described at § 600.506 (c) and (e);
(19) Fail to identify, falsely identify, fail to properly maintain, or obscure the identification of the FFV or its gear as required by this subpart;
(20) Falsify or fail to make, keep, maintain, or submit any record or report required by this subpart;
(21) Fail to return to the sea or fail to otherwise treat prohibited species as required by this subpart;
(23) Fail to report or falsely report any loss, jettisoning, or abandonment of fishing gear or other article into the EEZ that might interfere with fishing, obstruct fishing gear or vessels, or cause damage to any fishery resource or marine mammals;
(24) Continue Activity Codes 1 through 4 after those activity codes have been canceled under § 600.511;
(25) Fail to maintain health and safety standards set forth in § 600.506(d);
(26) Violate any provisions of regulations for specific fisheries of this subpart;
(29) Attempt to do any of the foregoing.
(1) Within the boundaries of any state, unless:
(i) The fishing is authorized by the Governor of that state as permitted by section 306(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Act to engage in a joint venture for processing and support with U.S. fishing vessels in the internal waters of that state; or
(ii) The fishing is authorized by, and conducted in accordance with, a valid permit issued under § 600.501, and the Governor of that state has indicated concurrence to allow fishing consisting solely of transporting fish or fish products from a point within the boundaries of that state to a point outside the United States; or
(2) Within the EEZ, or for any anadromous species or continental shelf fishery resources beyond the EEZ, unless the fishing is authorized by, and conducted in accordance with, a valid permit issued under § 600.501.
Title 50 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 600 after this date.