50 CFR 600.625 - Secretary's decision.
(a) The Secretary will, on the basis of the hearing, record the administrative law judge's recommended decision:
(1) Accept or reject any of the findings or conclusions of the administrative law judge and decide whether the factual findings exist for Federal preemption of a state's authority within its boundaries (other than in its internal waters) with respect to the fishery in question;
(2) Reserve decision on the merits or withdraw the notice of proposed preemption; or
(3) Remand the case to the administrative law judge for further proceedings as may be appropriate, along with a statement of reasons for the remand.
(1) If the factual findings for Federal preemption are determined to exist, the Secretary will notify in writing the Attorney General of that state and the appropriate Council(s) of the preemption of that state's authority. The Secretary will also direct the Administrator to promulgate appropriate regulations proposed under § 600.615(d) and otherwise to begin regulating the fishery within the state's boundaries (other than in its internal waters).
(2) If the factual findings for Federal preemption are determined not to exist, the Secretary will notify, in writing, the Attorney General of the state and the appropriate Council(s) of that determination. The Secretary will also direct the Administrator to issue a notice withdrawing any regulations proposed under § 600.615(d).
Title 50 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 600 after this date.