50 CFR 665.225 - Prohibitions.
(1) A valid permit has been issued for the hand harvester or the fishing vessel operator that specifies the applicable area of harvest;
(2) A permit is not required, as outlined in § 665.224; or
(3) The Hawaii coral reef ecosystem MUS possessed on board the vessel originated outside the management area and this can be demonstrated through receipts of purchase, invoices, fishing logbooks or other documentation.
(b) Fish for, take, or retain any Hawaii coral reef ecosystem MUS species:
(1) That is determined overfished with subsequent rulemaking by the Regional Administrator.
(2) By means of gear or methods prohibited under § 665.227.
(4) In violation of any permit issued under §§ 665.13 or 665.224.
(c) Fish for, take, or retain any wild live rock or live hard coral except under a valid special permit for scientific research, aquaculture seed stock collection or traditional and ceremonial purposes by indigenous people.