In addition to the general prohibitions specified in § 600.725 of this chapter and § 665.15, it is unlawful for any person to do any of the following:
(a) Fish for, take, retain, possess or land any PRIA coral reef ecosystem MUS in any low-use MPA as defined in § 665.599 unless:
(1) A valid permit has been issued for the hand harvester or the fishing vessel operator that specifies the applicable area of harvest;
(2) A permit is not required, as outlined in § 665.624;
(3) The PRIA coral reef ecosystem MUS possessed on board the vessel originated outside the management area and this can be demonstrated through receipts of purchase, invoices, fishing logbooks or other documentation.
(b) Fish for, take, or retain any PRIA coral reef ecosystem MUS species:
(1) That is determined overfished with subsequent rulemaking by the Regional Administrator.
(2) By means of gear or methods prohibited under § 665.627.
(3) In a low-use MPA without a valid special permit.
(4) In violation of any permit issued under §§ 665.13 or 665.624.
(c) Fish for, take, or retain any wild live rock or live hard coral except under a valid special permit for scientific research, aquaculture seed stock collection or traditional and ceremonial purposes by indigenous people.
Title 50 published on 2014-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 50.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.