50 CFR 84.20 - What are the grant eligibility requirements?
(a) Eligible grant activities include:
(1) Acquisition of a real property interest in coastal lands or waters from willing sellers or partners (coastal wetlands ecosystems), providing that the terms and conditions will ensure the real property will be administered for long-term conservation.
(2) The restoration, enhancement, or management of coastal wetlands ecosystems, providing restoration, enhancement, or management will be administered for long-term conservation.
(b) Ineligible activities include but are not limited to:
(1) Projects that primarily benefit navigation, irrigation, flood control, or mariculture;
(2) Acquisition, restoration, enhancement, or management of lands to mitigate recent or pending habitat losses resulting from the actions of agencies, organizations, companies, or individuals;
(3) Creation of wetlands by humans where wetlands did not previously exist;
(4) Enforcement of fish and wildlife laws and regulations, except when necessary for the accomplishment of approved project purposes;
(6) Planning as a primary project focus (planning is allowable as a minimal component of project plan development);
(7) Operations and maintenance;
(8) Acquiring and/or restoring upper portions of watersheds where benefits to the coastal wetlands ecosystem are not significant and direct; and
(9) Projects providing less than 20 years of conservation benefits.