§ 1.623When will hearing requests be consolidated?
(a)Initial Department coordination. If the Forest Service has received a copy of a hearing request, it must contact the other Departments within 10 days after the deadline for filing hearing requests under § 1.621 and determine:
(1) Whether any of the other Departments has also filed a preliminary condition or prescription relating to the license with FERC; and
(2) If so, whether the other Department has also received a hearing request with respect to the preliminary condition or prescription.
(b)Decision on consolidation. Within 25 days after the deadline for filing hearing requests under § 1.621, if the Forest Service has received a hearing request, it must:
(1) Consult with any other Department that has also received a hearing request; and
(2) Decide jointly with the other Department:
(i) Whether to consolidate the cases for hearing under paragraphs (c)(3)(ii) through (c)(3)(iv) of this section; and
(ii) If so, which Department will conduct the hearing on their behalf.
(c)Criteria. Cases will or may be consolidated as follows:
(1) All hearing requests with respect to any conditions from the same Department will be consolidated for hearing.
(2) All hearing requests with respect to any prescriptions from the same Department will be consolidated for hearing.
(3) Any or all of the following may be consolidated for hearing, if the Departments involved determine that there are common issues of material fact or that consolidation is otherwise appropriate:
(i) Two or more hearing requests with respect to any condition and any prescription from the same Department;
(ii) Two or more hearing requests with respect to conditions from different Departments;
(iii) Two or more hearing requests with respect to prescriptions from different Departments; or
(iv) Two or more hearing requests with respect to any condition from one Department and any prescription from another Department.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.