7 CFR 1005.12 - Producer.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, producer means any person who produces milk approved by a duly constituted regulatory agency for fluid consumption as Grade A milk and whose milk (or components of milk) is:
(1) Received at a pool plant directly from the producer or diverted by the plant operator in accordance with § 1005.13; or
(2) Received by a handler described in § 1000.9(c).
(b) Producer shall not include:
(1) A producer-handler as defined in any Federal order;
(2) A dairy farmer whose milk is received at an exempt plant, excluding producer milk diverted to the exempt plant pursuant to § 1005.13(d);
(3) A dairy farmer whose milk is received by diversion at a pool plant from a handler regulated under another Federal order if the other Federal order designates the dairy farmer as a producer under that order and that milk is allocated by request to a utilization other than Class I; and
(4) A dairy farmer whose milk is reported as diverted to a plant fully regulated under another order with respect to that portion of the milk so diverted that is assigned to Class I under the provisions of such other order.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1005 after this date.