7 CFR 1403.16 - Referral of delinquent debts to credit reporting agencies.
(3) The debtor's right to enter a repayment agreement on the debt, including, at the discretion of CCC, installment payments, and that if such an agreement is reached, the debt will not be referred to a credit reporting agency.
(4) The debtor's right to review of this action in accordance with paragraph (i) of this section.
(2) CCC shall promptly verify or correct, as appropriate, information about the debt on request of a credit reporting agency. The records of the debtor shall reflect any correction resulting from such request.
(1) The name, address, taxpayer identification number, and other information necessary to establish the identity of the debtor;
(2) The amount, status, and history of the claim; and
(3) The program under which the claim arose.
(1) Before disclosing delinquent debt information to a credit reporting agency, CCC shall, upon request of the debtor, provide for a review of the debt in accordance with § 1403.11. This review shall only consider defenses or arguments which were not available or could not have been available at any previous appeal proceeding permitted under § 1403.11.
(2) Upon receipt of a request for review within 30 days from the date of notice to the debtor of intent to refer delinquent debt information to a credit reporting agency, CCC shall suspend its schedule for disclosure to a credit reporting agency until a final decision regarding the appropriateness of disclosure to a credit reporting agency is made.
(3) Upon completion of the review, the reviewing official shall transmit to the debtor a written notification of the decision. If appropriate, the debtor shall be notified of the scheduled date on or after which the debt will be referred to the credit reporting agency. The debtor will also be notified of any changes from the initial notification in the information to be disclosed.
(1) In accordance with guidelines established by the Executive Vice President, CCC, the responsible claims official shall report to credit reporting agencies delinquent debt information specified in paragraph (g) of this section.
(2) The agreements entered into by USDA and credit reporting agencies shall provide the necessary assurances to CCC that the credit reporting agencies to which information will be provided are in compliance with the provisions of all the laws and regulations of the United States relating to providing credit information.
(k) Disclosures made under this section shall be in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act, as amended ( 5 U.S.C. 552a).
(l) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs (a) through (k) of this section, all commercial debts owed by debtors other than farm producers may be reported to credit reporting agencies.