7 CFR 1403.21 - Collection of 1988 and 1989 advance deficiency overpayments.
(a) The provisions of this section set forth the policies and procedures for collection of 1988 and 1989 advance deficiency overpayments (“overpayments”).
(b) The following definition shall be applicable to this section:
Financial hardship means that condition of a producer in which payment of the debt by lump sum would jeopardize the producer's ability to provide food, shelter, and medical care to his immediate family, or to continue the producer's farming operation, as determined by CCC.
(c) This section applies to collection of overpayments from those producers who are suffering financial hardship, as determined by CCC, and who also meet the following conditions, as determined by CCC:
(2) Who are required to provide a refund of at least $1,500 of such payment, as a result of the increase in market prices of the commodity;
(3) Who reside in a county, or in a county that is contiguous to a county where CCC has determined that farming, ranching, or aquaculture operations have been substantially affected as evidenced by a reduction in normal production for the county of at least 30 percent during two of the three crop years 1988, 1989, and 1990 by:
(i) A natural disaster designated by the Secretary of Agriculture;
(ii) A major disaster or emergency designated by the President under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5121et seq.);
(4) Where the total quantity of the 1988 or 1989 crop of the commodity that the producers were able to harvest is less than the result of multiplying 65 percent of the farm payment yield established CCC for the crop by the sum of the acreage planted for the harvest and the acreage prevented from being planted (because of the disaster or emergency referred to in paragraph (c)(3) of this section) for the crop; and
(5) Who have applied to the County Farm Service Agency Office which issued the advance deficiency payment, no later than May 31, 1991, for a determination of eligibility for the repayment provisions of this section.
(1)CCC shall establish a regional annual interest rate for each of 12 geographic regions, corresponding to the extent practicable, as determined by CCC, with the 12 geographic districts of the Farm Credit System.
(2) Each regional annual interest rate shall not exceed the average of the interest rates charged by Farm Credit System institutions within the region to high-risk borrowers on 1-year operating loans, as determined by CCC based upon information provided to CCC by the Farm Credit System.
(3) Interest shall accrue at the established regional annual interest rate for the region in which the debt arose, beginning November 28, 1990.
(e)CCC shall not offset, in each of the crop years 1990, 1991, and 1992, more than 1/3 of the farm program payments otherwise due a producer, as a result of the producer's delinquency in repaying the overpayment.
(f)CCC shall permit producers to repay the overpayment in three equal installments during each of the crop years 1990, 1991, and 1992, if the producers document to CCC that they have entered into agreements to obtain multiperil crop insurance policies for the 1991 and 1992 crop years.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 1403.