7 CFR 1427.15 - Special procedure where funds are advanced.
(a) The special procedure in this section is provided to assist persons or firms that, in the course of their regular business of handling cotton for producers, have made advances to eligible producers on cotton eligible to be pledged as collateral for a MAL or to receive an LDP. A person, firm, or financial institution that has made advances to eligible producers on eligible cotton may also obtain reimbursement for the amounts advanced under this procedure.
(b) This special procedure will apply only:
(1) If such person or firm is entitled to reimbursement from the proceeds of the MALs or LDPs for the amounts advanced and has been authorized by the producer to deliver the loan or LDP documents to a FSA county office for disbursement of the loans or LDPs; and
(2) To MAL or LDP documents covering cotton on which a person or firm has advanced to the producers, including payments to prior lienholders and other creditors, the note amounts shown on the Form A loan documents, except for:
(i) Authorized cotton clerk fees;
(1) All MAL or LDP documents will be mailed, sent electronically, or delivered to the appropriate FSA county office and will show the entire proceeds of the MALs or LDPs, except for CCC loan service charges and research and promotion fees, for disbursement to:
(2) The documents will be accompanied by a Transmittal Schedule of Loan and LDP Documents (Transmittal) on a form prescribed by CCC, in original and two copies, numbered serially for each FSA county office by the person, firm, or financial institution that made the MAL or LDP advance. The Transmittal will show the amounts invested by the person, firm, or financial institution in the MALs or LDPs.
(3) Upon receipt of the MAL or LDP documents and Transmittal, the FSA county office will stamp one copy of the Transmittal to indicate receipt of the documents and return this copy to the person, firm, or financial institution.
(d) The person, firm, or financial institution will be deemed to have invested funds in the loans or LDP as of the date MAL or LDP documents acceptable to CCC were delivered to a FSA county office or, if received by mail, the date of mailing as indicated by postmark or the date of receipt in a FSA county office if no postmark date is shown. Patron postage meter date stamp will not be recognized as a postmark date.
(e) Interest will be computed on the total amount invested by the person, firm, or financial institution in the MAL or LDP represented by accepted documents from and including the date of investment of funds by the person, firm, or financial institution to, but not including, the date of disbursement by CCC.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1427 after this date.