7 CFR 1434.6 - Beneficial interest.
(a) To be eligible to receive MALs under this part a producer must have the beneficial interest in the honey that is tendered to CCC for a loan. The producer must always have had the beneficial interest in the honey unless, before the honey was extracted, the producer and a former producer whom the producer tendering the honey to CCC has succeeded had such an interest in the honey. Honey obtained by gift or purchase shall not be eligible to be tendered to CCC for loans. Heirs who succeed to the beneficial interest of a deceased producer or who assume the decedent's obligations under an existing loan shall be eligible to receive loans whether succession to the honey occurs before or after extraction so long as the heir otherwise complies with the provisions of this part.
(b) A producer is not be considered to have divested the beneficial interest in the honey if the producer retains title and control of the honey including the right to make all decisions regarding the tender of such honey to CCC for a loan, and the producer:
(1) Executes an option to purchase, whether or not a payment is made by the potential buyer for such option to purchase, with respect to such honey if all other eligibility requirements are met and the option to purchase contains the following provision:
“Notwithstanding any other provision of this option to purchase or any other contract, title and control of the honey and beneficial interest in the honey, as specified in 7 CFR 1434.6, must remain with the producer until the buyer exercises this option to purchase the honey. This option to purchase will expire, notwithstanding any action or inaction by either the producer or the buyer, at the earlier of:
(1) The maturity of any Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) loan which is secured by such honey;
(2) The date the CCC claims title to such honey; or
(3) Such other date as provided in this option.”
(2) Enters into a contract to sell the honey if the producer retains title, and beneficial interest in the honey and the purchaser does not pay to the producer any advance payment amount or any incentive payment amount to enter into such contract except as provided in part 1425 of this chapter.
(c) If loans are made available to producers through an approved CMA in accordance with part 1425 of this chapter, the beneficial interest in the honey must always have been in the producer-member who delivered the honey to the CMA or its member CMA's, except as otherwise provided in this section. Honey delivered to such a CMA is not be eligible for loans if the producer-member who delivered the honey does not retain the right to share in the proceeds from the marketing of the honey as provided in part 1425 of this chapter.
(d) A producer may, before the final date for obtaining a loan for honey, re-offer as loan honey any honey that has been previously pledged if the loan was repaid with principal plus interest, the loan on such re-offered honey will have the same maturity date as the original loan.