7 CFR 1499.3 - Eligibility determination.
(a) An entity will be eligible to become a participant only after FAS determines that the entity has:
(1) Organizational experience in implementing and managing awards, and the capability and personnel to develop, implement, monitor, report on, and provide accountability for activities in accordance with this part;
(2) Experience working in the proposed targeted country;
(3) An adequate financial framework to implement the activities the entity proposes to carry out under FFPr. In order to determine whether the entity is financially responsible, FAS may require it to submit corporate policies and financial materials that have been audited or otherwise reviewed by a third party;
(4) A person or agent located in the United States with respect to which service of judicial process may be obtained by FAS on behalf of the entity; and
(5) An operating financial account in the proposed targeted country, or a satisfactory explanation for not having such an account and a description of how a FFPr agreement would be administered without such an account.
(b) In determining whether an entity will be eligible to be a participant, FAS may consider the entity's previous compliance or noncompliance with the provisions of this part and part 1599 of this title. FAS may consider matters such as whether the entity corrected deficiencies in the implementation of an agreement in a timely manner and whether the entity has timely and accurately filed reports and other submissions that are required to be filed with FAS and other agencies of the United States.