7 CFR 1499.4 - Application process.
(a) An entity seeking to enter into an agreement with CCC shall submit an application, in accordance with this section, that sets forth its proposal to carry out activities under FFPr in the proposed targeted country. An application shall contain the items specified in paragraph (b) of this section and shall be submitted electronically to FAS at the address set forth at http://www.fas.usda.gov . An entity that has not yet met the eligibility requirements in § 1499.3 may submit an application, but FAS will not enter into an agreement with an entity until FAS had made a determination of eligibility under § 1499.3.
(1) An explanation of the need for the food aid in the targeted country and how the applicant's proposed activities would address that need;
(2) Information regarding the applicant's ability to become registered and operate in the targeted country;
(4) A budget that details the amount of any sale proceeds, income, and CCC-provided funds that the applicant proposes to use to fund:
(iii) Activity costs.
(1) The name of the targeted country where the proposed activities would be implemented;
(2) The kind, quantity, and proposed use of the commodities requested, and any commodities that would be acceptable substitutions therefor, and the proposed delivery schedule;
(i) The quantity of the requested commodities that would be sold or bartered;
(ii) The amount of sale proceeds anticipated;
(iii) The amount of income expected to be generated;
(v) The goods or services to be generated from the barter of the requested commodities; and
(vi) The value of the goods or services anticipated to be generated from the barter of the requested commodities.
(4) A list of each of the activities that would be implemented, with a brief statement of the objectives to be accomplished under each activity;
(5) For each proposed activity, the targeted geographic area, anticipated beneficiaries, and methods that the applicant would use to choose such beneficiaries, including obtaining and considering statistics on poverty levels, food deficits, and any other required items set forth on the FAS Web site at http://www.fas.usda.gov .
(i) An explanation of whether the activity would be carried out through the distribution or barter of the requested commodities or funded by sale proceeds, income, or a combination thereof; and
(ii) The amount of commodities requested and of any sale proceeds and income expected to be generated to carry out such activity; and
(iii) A detailed description of the activity, including the steps involved in its implementation and the anticipated completion date;
(7) Any cash or non-cash contributions that the applicant expects to receive from non-CCC sources that:
(8) Any subrecipient that would be involved and a description of each subrecipient's responsibilities and its capability to perform responsibilities;
(9) Any governmental or nongovernmental entities that would be involved and the extent to which FFPr will strengthen or increase the capabilities of such entities to further economic development in the targeted country;
(10) The method by which the applicant intends to inform beneficiaries of an activity about the source of the requested commodities or funding for the activity and, where the beneficiaries will be receiving the commodities directly, how to prepare and use them properly;
(11) Established baselines, a timeline, and proposed outcomes that would enable FAS to measure the applicant's progress towards achieving the objectives of the proposed activities;
(12) If the proposed activities would involve the use of sale proceeds or income:
(i) The process that the applicant would use to sell the requested commodities, including steps the applicant would take to use, to the extent possible, the private sector in the monetization process; and
(ii) The procedures that the applicant would use to assure that sale proceeds and income are received and deposited into a separate, interest-bearing account and disbursed from such account for use only in accordance with the agreement;
(13) A description of any port, transportation, storage, and warehouse facilities that would be used with sufficient detail to demonstrate that they would be adequate to handle the requested commodities without undue spoilage or waste, and, in cases where the applicant proposes to distribute some or all of the requested commodities, a description of how they would be transported from the receiving port to the point at which distribution would be made to the beneficiaries;
(14) Any reprocessing or repackaging of the requested commodities that would take place prior to the distribution, sale or barter by the applicant;
(15) The action the applicant would take to ensure that any commodities to be distributed to beneficiaries, rather than sold, would be imported and distributed free from all customs, duties, tolls, and taxes;
(16) A plan that shows how the requested commodities could be imported and distributed without a disruptive impact upon production, prices and marketing of the same or like products in the country where they will be delivered, and the extent to which any sale or barter of the requested commodities would displace or interfere with any sales that may otherwise be made by the applicant or any other entity in the country where they will be delivered; and
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.