7 CFR 1499.6 - Payments.
(a) If the participant arranges for transportation in accordance with§ 1499.7(b)(2), and the participant seeks payment directly, the participant shall, as specified in the agreement, either submit to FAS, or maintain on file and make available to FAS, the following documents:
(2) The original, or a true copy of, each on-board bill of lading indicating the freight rate and signed by the originating carrier;
(i) A signed copy of the Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) Official Stowage Examination Certificate (Vessel Hold Certificate);
(ii) A signed copy of the National Cargo Bureau Certificate of Readiness (Vessel Hold Inspection Certificate); and,
(5) A signed copy of the liner booking note or charter party covering ocean transportation of the cargo;
(6) In the case of charter shipments, a signed notice of arrival at the first discharge port, unless FAS has determined that circumstances of force majeure have prevented the vessel's arrival at the first port of discharge;
(7) A request by the participant for reimbursement of freight, survey costs other than at load port, and other expenses approved by CCC, indicating the amount due and accompanied by a certification from the carrier or other parties that payments have been received from the participant; and
(8) A document on letterhead and signed by an officer or agent of the participant specifying the name of the entity to receive payment; the bank ABA number to which payment is to be made; the account number for the deposit at the bank; the participant's taxpayer identification number; and the type of the account into which the payment will be deposited.
(b) If the participant arranges for transportation in accordance with§ 1499.7(b)(2), and the participant has used a freight forwarder, the participant shall cause the freight forwarder to submit the documents specified in § 1499.6(a) in order to receive payment from CCC.
(c) In no case will CCC reimburse a participant for demurrage costs or pay demurrage to any other entity.
(d) If FAS has agreed to pay the costs of transporting, storing, and distributing the donated commodities from the designated port or point of entry, the participant will be reimbursed in the manner set forth in the agreement.
(e) If the agreement authorizes the payment of CCC-provided funds, CCC will pay these funds to the participant on a reimbursement for expenses basis, except as provided in paragraph (f)(1) of this section. The participant shall request the payment of CCC-provided funds to reimburse it for authorized expenses in the manner set forth in the agreement.
(1) A participant may request an advance of the amount of funds specified in the agreement. FAS will not approve any request for an advance if:
(i) It is received earlier than 60 days after the date of a previous advance made in connection with the same agreement; or
(ii) Any required reports, as specified in§ 1499.13 and in the agreement, are more than six months in arrears.
(2) Except as may otherwise be provided in the agreement, the participant shall deposit and maintain in a bank account located in the United States all funds advanced by CCC. The account shall be interest-bearing, unless the exceptions in§ 3019.22(k) of this title apply, or FAS determines that this requirement would constitute an undue burden. The participant shall remit semi-annually to CCC any interest earned on the advanced funds. The participant shall, no later than 10 days after the end of each calendar quarter, submit a financial statement to FAS accounting for all funds advanced and all interest earned.
(3) The participant shall return to CCC any funds that are advanced by CCC if such funds have not been obligated as of the 180th day after the advance was made. Such funds and interest shall be transferred to FAS within 30 days of such date.
(g) If a participant is required to pay funds to CCC in connection with an agreement, the participant shall make such payment in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise approved in advance by FAS.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 1499.