7 CFR 15a.31 - Education programs and activities.
(a)General. Except as provided elsewhere in the part, no person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other education program or activity operated by a recipient which receives or benefits from Federal financial assistance. This subpart does not apply to actions of a recipient in connection with admission of its students to an education program or activity of (1) a recipient to which subpart C does not apply, or (2) an entity, not a recipient, to which subpart C would not apply if the entity were a recipient.
(1) Treat one person differently from another in determining whether such person satisfies any requirement or condition for the provision of such aid, benefit, or service;
(3) Deny any person any such aid, benefit, or service;
(4) Subject any person to separate or different rules or behavior, sanctions, or other treatment;
(5) Discriminate against any person in the application of any rules of appearance;
(7) Aid or perpetuate discrimination against any person by providing significant assistance to any agency, organization, or person which discriminates on the basis of sex in providing any aid, benefit or service to students or employees;
(8) Otherwise limit any person in the enjoyment of any right, privilege, advantage, or opportunity.
(c)Assistance administered by a recipient educational institution to study at a foreign institution. A recipienteducational institution may administer or assist, in the administration of scholarships, fellowships, or other awardsestablished by foreign or domestic wills, trusts, or similar legal instruments, or by acts of foreign governments and restricted to members of one sex, which are designed to provide opportunities to study abroad, and which are awarded to students who are already matriculating at or who are graduates of the recipient institution, provided a recipienteducational institution which administers or assists in the administration of such scholarships, fellowships, or other awards which are restricted to members of one sex provides, or otherwise makes available reasonable opportunities for similar studies for members of the other sex. Such opportunities may be derived from either domestic or foreign sources.
(d)Programs not operated by recipient.
(1) This paragraph applies to any recipient which requires participation by any applicant, student, or employee in any education program or activity not operated wholly by such recipient, or which facilitates, permits, or considers such participation as part of or equivalent to an education program or activity operated by such recipient, including participation in education consortia and cooperative employment and student-teaching assignments.
(2) Such recipient: (i) Shall develop and implement a procedure designed to assure itself that the operator or sponsor of such other education program or activity takes no action affecting any applicant, student or employee of such recipient which this part would prohibit such recipient from taking; and (ii) shall not facilitate, require, permit, or consider such participation if such action occurs.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 15a.