7 CFR 1600.2 - Definitions.
As used in this part:
Director means an individual who is a member of the Board.
Legal Counsel means the legal counsel of the Bank.
Meeting means the deliberations (including those conducted by conference telephone call or by any other method) among a quorum of the Directors, where such deliberations determine or result in joint conduct of official business of the Board. For purposes of this part, each item on the agenda of a meeting is considered a meeting or a portion of a meeting. To the extent that the discussions do not result in the beginning of deliberations or achieve a consensus on a matter of official agency business or effectively predetermine official actions, the term Meeting does not include:
(2) Calling a meeting at a date earlier than announced as provided in § 1600.5;
(3) Changing the subject matter of a publicly announced meeting as provided in § 1600.5;
(5) Staff briefings of Board members;
(6) Informal background discussions among Board members and staff which clarify issues and expose varying views; or
(7) Sessions with individuals from outside the Bank where Board members listen to a presentation and may elicit additional information.