7 CFR 17.3 - Purchase authorizations.
(b) Contents. Each purchase authorization includes the following information:
(1) The commodity to be purchased and specifications, approximate quantity and maximum dollar amount authorized;
(2) Contracting requirements;
(5) Documentation required for CCC financing in addition to or in lieu of the documentation specified in § 17.9;
(6) Provisions relating to payment to CCC, if applicable;
(8) The method of financing provided under the Agricultural Commodities Agreement;
(9) Any provisions relating to financing by CCC in addition to or in lieu of those specified in this part;
(10) Authorization to procure ocean transportation, and provisions relating to the financing of ocean freight or ocean freight differential, as applicable;
(11) Any other provisions considered necessary by the General Sales Manager.
(c) Applicability of this part. In addition to the provisions of a particular purchase authorization, each purchase authorization, unless otherwise provided, is subject to the provisions of this part to the same extent as if the provisions were fully set forth in the purchase authorization.
(d) Modification or revocation. The General Sales Manager reserves the right at any time for any reason or cause whatsoever to supplement, modify or revoke any purchase authorization, including the termination of deliveries, if it is determined to be in the interest of the U.S. Government. CCC shall reimburse suppliers who would otherwise be entitled to be financed by CCC for costs which were incurred as a result of such action by the GSM in connection with firm sales or shipping contracts, and which were not otherwise recovered by the supplier after a reasonable effort to minimize such costs: Provided, however, That such reimbursement shall not be made to a supplier if the GSM determines that the GSM's action was taken because the supplier failed to comply with the requirements of the regulations in this part or the applicable purchase authorization; Provided further, That reimbursement to suppliers of ocean transportation shall not exceed the ocean freight differential when the purchase authorization provides only for financing the differential.
(e) Subauthorizations. The participant may issue subauthorizations to importers consistent with the terms of the applicable purchase authorization. The participant, in subauthorizing, shall specify to importers all the provisions of the applicable purchase authorization which apply to the subauthorization.
(f) Cotton textiles.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (f)(2) of this section, financing of textiles under this part is limited to cotton yarns and fabrics processed up to and including the dyed and printed state, and preshrinking. Any processing of such yarns and fabrics beyond this stage will be at the expense of the participant.
(2) Purchase authorizations may permit cotton textiles processed beyond the stage described in paragraph (f)(1) of this section to be purchased, but the maximum financing by CCC is limited to the equivalent value of the cotton yarns and fabrics described in paragraph (f)(1) of this section, contained in the textiles, plus eligible ocean transportation costs.
(3) Financing is available only for textiles manufactured entirely of U.S. cotton in the United States.