7 CFR 1755.97 - Telephone standards and specifications.
(a) To comply with the provisions of this part, you must follow the requirements set out in the following RUS telecommunications bulletins. These bulletins are approved for incorporation by reference by the Director of the Office of the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 11 CFR part 51. These bulletins contain construction standards and specifications for materials and equipment and may be obtained from the Rural Utilities Service, Program Development and Regulatory Analysis, 1400 Independence Ave., SW., Stop 1522, Room 4028 South Building, Washington, DC 20250-1522, phone (202) 720-8674. The bulletins are available for inspection at RUS, at the address above, and at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. These materials are incorporated as they exist on the date of the approval and notice of any change in these materials will be published in the Federal Register. The terms “RUS form”, “RUS standard form”, “RUS specification”, and “RUS bulletin” have the same meaning as the terms “REA form”, “REA standards form”, “REA specification”, and “REA bulletin”, respectively, unless otherwise indicated. For information on other standards incorporated by reference into this part see § 1755.901.
(b) The following RUS bulletins are available from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) for Washington, DC 20402, Phone: 1-866-512-1800 (toll-free) 202-512-1800 (DC Area) or go to the GPO Web site at: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/about/index.html.
(1) Bulletin 345-39, RUS specification for telephone station protectors, August 19, 1985.
(2) Bulletin 345-50 PE-60, RUS specification for trunk carrier systems, September 1979.
(3) Bulletin 345-54 PE-52, RUS specification for telephone cable splicing connectors, December 1971.
(4) Bulletin 345-55 PE-61, RUS specification for central office loop extenders and loop extender voice frequency repeater combinations, December 1973.
(5) Bulletin 345-65, PE-65, Specification for shield bonding connectors, March 22, 1985.
(6) Bulletin 345-66 PE-64, RUS specification for subscriber carrier systems, September 1979.
(7) Bulletin 345-69 PE-29, RUS specification for two-wire voice frequency repeater equipment, January 1978.
(8) Bulletin 345-72 PE-74, RUS specification for filled splice closures, October 1985.
(9) Bulletin 345-78 PE-78, RUS specification for carbon arrester assemblies for use in protectors, February 1980.
(10) Bulletin 345-180 Form 397a, RUS specifications for voice frequency repeaters and voice frequency repeatered trunks, January 1963.
(11) Bulletin 345-183 Form 397d, RUS design specifications for point-to-point microwave radio systems June 1970.
(12) Bulletin 345-184 Form 397e, RUS design specifications for mobile and fixed dial radio telephone equipment May 1971.
(13) Bulletin 1728F-700, RUS Specification for Wood Poles, Stubs and Anchor Logs, (3-2011).
(14) Bulletin 1753F-150 Form 515a, Specifications and Drawings for Construction of Direct Buried Plant, September 30, 2010.
(15) Bulletin 1753F-151 Form 515b, Specifications and Drawings for Construction of Underground Plan, September 12, 2001.
(16) Bulletin 1753F-152 Form 515c, Specifications and Drawings for Construction of Aerial Plant, September 17, 2001.
(17) Bulletin 1753F-153 Form 515d, Specifications and Drawings for Service Installation at Customer Access Locations, September 17, 2001.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1755 after this date.
- 7 CFR 1755.390 — RUS Specification for Filled Telephone Cables.
- 7 CFR 1755.870 — RUS Specification for Terminating Cables.
- 7 CFR 1755.508 — Customer Access Location Protection.
- 7 CFR 1755.200 — RUS Standard for Splicing Copper and Fiber Optic Cables.
- 7 CFR 1755.890 — RUS Specification for Filled Telephone Cables With Expanded Insulation.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.