7 CFR 1779.24 - Eligible loan purposes.
(a) To construct, enlarge, extend, or otherwise improve rural drinking water, sanitary sewage, solid waste disposal, and storm wastewater disposal facilities.
(b) To construct or relocate public buildings, roads, bridges, fences, or utilities, and to make other public improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities authorized in paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) To relocate private buildings, roads, bridges, fences, or utilities, and other private improvements necessary for the successful operation or protection of facilities authorized in paragraph (a) of this section.
(d) For payment of other utility connection charges as provided in service contracts between utility systems.
(e) When a necessary part of the project relates to those facilities authorized in paragraphs (a), (b), (c) or (d) of this section the following may be considered:
(1) Reasonable fees and costs such as: legal, engineering, administrative services, fiscal advisory, recording, environmental analyses and surveys, possible salvage or other mitigation measures, planning, establishing or acquiring rights;
(2) Costs of acquiring interest in land: rights, such as water rights; leases; permits; rights-of-way; and other evidence of land or water control or protection necessary for development of the facility;
(3) Purchasing or renting equipment necessary to install, operate, maintain, extend, or protect facilities;
(4) Cost of additional applicant labor and other expenses necessary to install and extend service;
(5) In unusual cases such as a low-income area, the cost for connecting the user to the main service line;
(6) Interest incurred during construction in conjunction with multiple advances or interest on interim financing;
(7) Initial operating expenses, including interest, for a period ordinarily not exceeding one year when the applicant is unable to pay such expenses;
(8) The purchase of existing facilities when it is necessary either to improve service or prevent the loss of service; and
(9) Refinancing non-Agency debts incurred by, or on behalf of, an applicant when all of the following conditions exist:
(i) The debts being refinanced are a secondary part of the total loan unless the debt being refinanced is an Agency direct loan;
(ii) The debts were incurred for the facility or service being financed or any part thereof; and
(iii) Arrangements cannot be made with the creditors to extend or modify the terms of the debts so that a sound basis will exist for making a loan.
(10) Refinancing Agency debts.
Title 7 published on 10-May-2017 03:42
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1779 after this date.