7 CFR 1779.29 - Fees and charges by lender.
(a) Routine charges and fees. The lender may establish charges and fees for the loan if they do not exceed those charged other borrowers for similar types of transactions. “Similar types of transactions” mean those transactions involving the same type of loan for which a non-guaranteed loan borrower would be assessed charges and fees.
(b) Late payment fees. Late payment charges will not be covered by the Loan Note Guarantee. Such charges may not be added to the principal and interest due under any guaranteed note. Late payment charges may be made only if:
(1) They are routinely made by the lender in all types of loan transactions;
(2) Payment has not been received within the customary timeframe allowed by the lender; or
(3) The lender agrees with the borrower, in writing, that the rate or method of calculating the late payment charges will not be changed to increase charges while the Loan Note Guarantee is in effect.
(c) Guarantee fees. The guaranteed loan fee will be the applicable guarantee fee rate multiplied by the principal loan amount multiplied by the percent of guarantee. The one-time guarantee fee is paid when the Loan Note Guarantee is issued.
(1) The fee will be paid to the Agency by the lender and is nonreturnable. The lender may pass the fee to the borrower.
(2) The guarantee fee rates are available in any Agency office.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1779 after this date.