(2) All planned property acquisition has been completed and all development has been substantially completed in accordance with plans, specifications, and applicable building codes. No costs have exceeded the amounts approved by the lender and the Agency.
(4) The loan has been properly closed and the required security instruments have been obtained on any after-acquired property that cannot be covered initially under State statutory provisions.
(5) The borrower has marketable title to the collateral then owned by the borrower, subject to the instrument securing the loan to be guaranteed and subject to any other exceptions approved, in writing, by the Agency.
(6) When required, the entire amount of the loan for working capital has been disbursed except in cases where the Agency has approved disbursement over an extended time.
(d) Where applicable, the lender must certify that the borrower has obtained:
(1) A legal opinion relative to the title to rights-of-way and easements. Lenders are responsible for ensuring that borrowers have obtained valid, continuous, and adequate rights-of-way and easements needed for the construction, operation, and maintenance of a facility.
(2) A title opinion or title insurance showing ownership of the land and all mortgages or other lien defects, restrictions, or encumbrances, if any. It is the responsibility of the lender to ensure that the borrower has obtained and recorded such releases, consents, or subordinations to such property rights from holders of outstanding liens or other instruments as may be necessary for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the facility and to provide the required security. For example, when a site is for major structures and the lender and borrower are able to obtain only a right-of-way or easement on such a site rather than a fee simple title, such a title opinion must be requested.
(e) If the Loan Note Guarantee cannot be issued before the Conditional Commitment expires, the lender must submit a written request for an extension of the expiration date. The lender must document and certify to paragraph (a)(1) and (a)(11) of this section specifically identifying any modifications.
(f) Coincident with, or immediately after, loan closing, the lender will contact the Agency and provide those documents and certifications required in this section. For loans to public bodies, lenders may require an opinion from recognized bond counsel regarding the adequacy of the preparation and issuance of the debt instruments. Only when the Agency is satisfied that all conditions for the guarantee have been met will the Loan Note Guarantee be executed.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.