7 CFR 1794.2 - Authority.
(a) This part derives its authority from and is intended to be compliant with NEPA, CEQ Regulations for Implementing the Procedural Provisions of NEPA, and other RUS regulations.
(b) Where practicable, RUS will use NEPA analysis and documents and review procedures to integrate the requirements of related environmental statutes, regulations, and orders.
(c) This part integrates the requirements of NEPA with other planning and environmental review procedures required by law, or by RUS practice including but not limited to:
(1) Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.);
(2) The National Historic Preservation Act (16 U.S.C. 470 et seq.);
(3) Farmland Protection Policy Act (7 U.S.C. 4201 et seq.);
(4) E.O. 11593, Protection and Enhancement of the Cultural Environment (3 CFR, 1971 Comp., p. 154);
(5) E.O. 11514, Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality (3 CFR, 1970 Comp., p. 104);
(6) E.O. 11988, Floodplain Management (3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 117);
(7) E.O. 11990, Protection of Wetlands (3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 121); and
(8) E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations (3 CFR, 1994 Comp., p. 859).
(d) Applicants are responsible for ensuring that proposed actions are in compliance with all appropriate RUS requirements. Environmental documents submitted by the applicant shall be prepared under the oversight and guidance of RUS. RUS will evaluate and be responsible for the accuracy of all information contained therein.