7 CFR 1901.503 - Definitions.
(a) As used in §§ 1901.505, 1901.507, 1901.508 and 1901.509 the following definitions will apply:
(1) Announcement of sale. Any notice of terms and conditions respecting a sale of certificates.
(4) Rural Development. The United States acting through the Rural Housing Service, the Rural Utilities Service, or the Rural Business-Cooperative Service or their successor agencies.
(5) Finance Office. The office which maintains the Rural Development finance records. It is located at 1520 Market Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63103. (Phone: 314-425-4400)
(6) Fixed period. Any time interval (preceding an option period) during which the insured holder is not entitled to require Rural Development to purchase the insured note, as specified in the insurance agreement.
(7) Insurance agreement. The entire contract evidencing and setting forth the terms and conditions of Rural Development insurance of the payment for the insured note. The insurance agreement with respect to any particular loan may be evidenced by Form RD 440-5, “Insurance Endorsement (Insured Loan),” RD 440-30, “Insurance Endorsement (Insure Loans),” or any other form or forms prescribed by the National Office and executed by an authorized official of Rural Development. It may include such provisions as, for example, an agreement of Rural Development to purchase or repurchase the loan, or to make supplementary payments from the insurance fund.
(8) Insurance fund. The Agricultural Credit Insurance Fund authorized by section 309 of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act, the Rural Development Insurance Fund authorized by section 309A of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act, or the Rural Housing Insurance Fund authorized by section 517 of title V of the Housing Act of 1949.
(10) Insured note. Any promissory note or bond evidencing an insured loan regardless of whether it is held by Rural Development in the insurance fund, by a private holder, or by Rural Development as trustee.
(12) National Office. The Administrator or other authorized officer of Rural Development in Washington, DC.
(18) Sale, or seller, and buyer. The transfer of ownership (including possession or the right of possession), the transferor, and the transferee respectively.
(b) As used in § 1901.506 the following definitions will apply:
(1) Reserve bank. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York (and any other Federal Reserve Bank which agrees to issue securities in book-entry form) as fiscal agent of the United States acting on behalf of Rural Development and, when indicated, acting in its individual capacity.
(2) Rural Development security. A certificate representing beneficial ownership of notes, bonds, debentures, or other similar obligations held by Rural Development under the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act and title V of the Housing Act of 1949, issued in the form of a definitive Rural Development security or a book-entry Rural Development security.
(3) Definitive Rural Development security. A Rural Development security in engraved on printed form.
(5) Pledge. A pledge of, or any other security interest in, Rural Development securities as collateral for loans or advances, or to secure deposits of public moneys or the performance of an obligation.
(6) Date of call. The date fixed in the official notice of call published in the Federal Register on which Rural Development will make payment of the security before maturity in accordance with its terms.
(7) Member bank. Any national bank, state bank, or bank or trust company which is a member of a Reserve bank.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1901 after this date.