7 CFR 2.23 - Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations.
(1)Related to congressional affairs.
(i) Exercise responsibility for coordination of all congressional matters in the Department.
(ii) Maintain liaison with the Congress and the White House on legislative Matters of concern to the Department.
(2)Related to intergovernmental affairs.
(A) National Association of State Departments of Agriculture;
(B) Office of Intergovernmental Relations (Office of Vice President);
(C) Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations;
(D) Council of State Governments;
(E) National Governors Conference;
(F) National Association of Counties;
(G) National League of Cities;
(H) International City Managers Association;
(I) U.S. Conference of Mayors; and
(J) Such other State and Federal agencies, departments and organizations as are necessary in carrying out the responsibilities of this office.
(ii) Maintain oversight of the activities of USDA representatives to the 10 Federal Regional councils.
(iii) Serve as the USDA contact with the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations for implementation of OMB Circular A-85 to provide advance notification to state and local governments of proposed changes in Department programs that affect such governments.
(iv) Act as the department representative for Federal executive board matters.
- 7 CFR 1822.267 — Special Conditions.
- 7 CFR 1948.92 — Grant Approval and Fund Obligation.
- 7 CFR 2.83 — Deputy Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations.
- 7 CFR 1806.2 — Companies and Policies.
- 7 CFR 1822.271 — Processing Applications.
- 7 CFR 1806.6 — Failure of Borrower to Provide Insurance.
- 7 CFR 2.85 — Director, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.
- 7 CFR 1948.90 — Land Transfers.
- 7 CFR 1822.265 — Loan Purposes.