§ 2.85Director, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.
(a) Delegations. Pursuant to § 2.23, the following delegations of authority are made by the Assistant Secretary for Congressional Relations to the Director, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs:
(1) Coordinate all programs involving intergovernmental affairs including State and local government relations and liaison with:
(i) National Association of State Departments of Agriculture;
(ii) Office of Intergovernmental Relations (Office of Vice President);
(iii) Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations;
(iv) Council of State Governments;
(v) National Governors Conference;
(vi) National Association of Counties;
(vii) National League of Cities;
(viii) International City Managers Association;
(ix) U.S. Conference of Mayors; and
(x) Such other State and Federal agencies, departments, and organizations as are necessary in carrying out the responsibilities of this office.
(2) Maintain oversight of the activities of USDA representatives to the 10 Federal Regional councils.
(3) Serve as the USDA contact with the Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations for implementation of OMB Circular A-85 to provide advance notification to State and local governments of proposed changes in Department programs that affect such governments.
(4) Act as the Department representative for Federal executive board matters.
(5) Serve as the official with the principal responsibility for the implementation of Executive Order 13175, including consultation and collaboration with tribal officials, and coordinate the Department's programs involving assistance to American Indians and Alaska Natives.