7 CFR § 205.406 - Continuation of certification.
(a) To continue certification, a certified operation must annually pay the certification fees and submit the following information, as applicable, to the certifying agent:
(1) An updated organic production or handling system plan which includes:
(i) A summary statement, supported by documentation, detailing any deviations from, changes to, modifications to, or other amendments made to the previous year's organic system plan during the previous year; and
(2) Any additions to or deletions from the information required pursuant to § 205.401(b);
(3) An update on the correction of minor noncompliances previously identified by the certifying agent as requiring correction for continued certification; and
(b) Following the receipt of the information specified in paragraph (a) of this section, the certifying agent shall within a reasonable time arrange and conduct an on-site inspection of the certified operation pursuant to § 205.403: Except, That, when it is impossible for the certifying agent to conduct the annual on-site inspection following receipt of the certified operation's annual update of information, the certifying agent may allow continuation of certification and issue an updated certificate of organic operation on the basis of the information submitted and the most recent on-site inspection conducted during the previous 12 months: Provided, That, the annual on-site inspection, required pursuant to § 205.403, is conducted within the first 6 months following the certified operation's scheduled date of annual update.
(c) If the certifying agent has reason to believe, based on the on-site inspection and a review of the information specified in § 205.404, that a certified operation is not complying with the requirements of the Act and the regulations in this part, the certifying agent shall provide a written notification of noncompliance to the operation in accordance with § 205.662.
(d) If the certifying agent determines that the certified operation is complying with the Act and the regulations in this part and that any of the information specified on the certificate of organic operation has changed, the certifying agent must issue an updated certificate of organic operation pursuant to § 205.404(b).
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 587.905 - 587.905 - Application for and continued certification of production or handling operation; payment, amount and refund of fees.
- Okla Admin. Code § 35:37-15-3 - Section 35:37-15-3 - Procedures for Organic Certification and Registration
- 250-RICR-40-20-9 - Part 9 - Rules Related to Cultural Practices for Branding Products of the Farm (250-RICR-40-20-9)